Phrase de cive
- Plus d'exemples: 1 2
- Philosopher Thomas Hobbes "'Elementa Philosophica de Cive " ( 1642 1658 ) was in Latin.
- Meanwhile, a translation of " De Cive " was being produced; scholars disagree about whether it was Hobbes who translated it.
- Hobbes also extended his own works somewhat, working on the third section, " De Cive ", which was finished in November 1641.
- In 1651, the translation of " De Cive " was published under the title " Philosophicall Rudiments concerning Government and Society ".
- "De Cive " was finished in November 1641 before the English Civil War ( thus arguments repeated a decade later in " Leviathan " cannot exclusively be influenced by that war ).