Phrase calf serum
- Vaccines, Lumpkin noted, are grown in fetal calf serum, not central nervous system tissue.
- The five vaccine makers have now agreed to stop using the suspect materials, which include blood, fetal calf serum and meat broth.
- He first realized that the addition of bovine fetal calf serum ( FCS ) to Swiss 3T3 cells increased the polymerization of actin and assembly of stress fibers.
- "You are asking for cells to sit down on plastic and grow in fetal calf serum, which is certainly not what they do in vivo, " he said.
- In the method, they used 10 % heat-deactivated fetal calf serum; since I thought the whole idea behind FCS was that its growth factors can stimulate the growth of cells, what is the point in using heat-deactivated FCS?