Phrase effective half
- The effective half-life of norfloxacin in serum and plasma is 3 4 hours.
- This skip-stop service gave an effective half hourly service frequency to the stations on the line.
- They may be the Blue Devils'trademarks, but they only overshadow what has turned into an incredibly effective half-court defense.
- Of course, an effective half-court man-to-man defense-- a surprising switch from the full-court press-- helped too.
- For the record, alligator forelegs are too stubby for any kind of effective half nelson hold, and they do not actually wrestle; that's just show business hype, like claims that Jerry Lewis is funny.
- In pharmacokinetics, "'effective half-life "'is the rate of accumulation or elimination of a biochemical or pharmacological substance in an organism, the biological half-life, when the kinetics are governed by multiple independent mechanisms.
- The complexity of biological systems means that most pharmacological substances do not have a single mechanisms of elimination, and hence the observed or effective half-life does not reflect that of a single process, but rather the summation of multiple independent processes.
- Alternatively, since the radioactive decay contributes to the " " physical " ( i . e . " radioactive " ) " half-life, while the metabolic elimination processes determines the " " biological " " half-life of the radionuclide, the two act as parallel paths for elimination of the radioactivity, the effective half-life could also be represented by the formula: