Phrase labioscrotal folds
- The testosterone causes the masculinization of the labioscrotal folds into the scrotum.
- The labioscrotal folds extend around between the pelvic portion and the anus, and form a scrotal area.
- Furthermore, the labioscrotal folds evolve into the scrotum in males, while they evolve into labia in females.
- This includes the development of a genital tubercle and a membrane dorsally to it, covering the developing urogenital opening, and the development of labioscrotal folds.
- In the sexually undifferentiated embryo, testosterone stimulates the development of the Wolffian ducts, the penis, and closure of the labioscrotal folds into the scrotum.
- A large clinical study of high to very high oral dosages of NET ( 10 to 40 mg / day ) administered for prolonged periods of time ( 4 to 35 weeks ) to prevent miscarriage in labioscrotal folds occurred.
- Androgen induced development causes the elongation and differentiation of the phallus into a penis, a fusion of the urogenital folds surrounding the urethral groove along the ventral surface of the penis, and a midline closure of the labioscrotal folds.
- But, during sexual differentiation of the foetus, labioscrotal folds in the males normally fuse longitudinally in the middle, forming a sack for male gonads ( ovaries ) do not descend from the pelvis, thus the structure of labia majora may seem simpler ( just fatty tissue covered with skin ) and of lesser significance for functioning of the female body as a whole than the scrotum with testicles for males.