Phrase labioscrotal swelling
- The labioscrotal swellings become the labia majora and mons pubis in females, or fuse to become the scrotum in males.
- During belly aspect of the genital tubercle ) form the labia minora, and the labioscrotal swellings enlarge to form the labia majora.
- The urogenital folds become the " labia minora ", and the labioscrotal swellings become the " labia majora ".
- The urogenital fold evolves into the shaft of the penis in males and the Labia minora in females; the labioscrotal swelling evolves into the scrotum in males, and into the Labia majora in females.
- The embroyo develops three distinct external genital structures : a genital tubercle; two urogenital folds, one on either side of the tubercle; and two labioscrotal swellings, each bounding one of the urogenital folds.
- By fusion of the urogenital folds elongated spindle-shaped structures that contribute to the formation of the urethral groove on the the vestibule of the vagina, the two urogenital folds form the labia minora, and the labioscrotal swellings enlarge to form the labia majora, completing the female genitalia.